play now

Forums

General suggestions

Callum

These suggestions are less detailed than my seren one for obvious reasons. My hopes with these additions/changes is to help the future of Elyx and a more balanced eco. I fully understand that not everyone will agree with them.

I want to see a more broader trading system where the people going for max cape/200m exp are buying supplies that the new players have just received as their first drop.

Also I want to see more bosses killed throughout the server. There is only a handful of bosses killed currently as most others are worthwhile and/or broken.

Nightmare - 

Spoiler

Fix Nightmare, pretty much 1kc/30minutes (I have later heard that Nightmare is currently being looked at). Uniques would be a nice variation around the server, adds more varity for bosses and events. Keep uniques the same but change the standard droptable. Very boring and almost identicle to nex. I am happy to put a suggested drop table if wanted.

Zulrah - 

Spoiler

Slight "nerf" being change unique drops into their material form.  Raw materials also gives things like normal staff of dead and trident a use giving more reason the kill zamorak GWD/Kracken (also gives a small reason for training skills).

Kraken - 

Spoiler

Let us use fishing explosives to attack all tentacles at same time, a lot less tedious to kill. As mentioned above, zulrah "nerf" gives a value to trident as it is currently useless.

(Corrupted) Hunleff - 

Spoiler

Increase the droprate, absolutely abysmal droprate for the method of killing this boss. I have ~5.5k rev kills and don't even have enough corrupted totems for 40kc, not even close to the droprate. Items droprates I recommend should be 1/180 (corrupted) / 1/360 regular. Also needs to be a method on obtaining both totems with either boss points or slayer points.
I'd recommend bosspoints, 15 for regular totems and 30 for corrupted (double the price for corrupted for double the droprate). Remove the boss points obtained from this boss for this result. This boss should be a boss point sink.

Giant mole - 

Spoiler

Remove the d claws and DFH from mole droptable. The easiness and need for the niffler pet has made both these items completely worthless. Claws are pretty much only worth elyx coins and DFH is nothing. Removing them and adding to a more difficult boss would in the future make them more enjoyable drop to receive (potentially something like skitizo/KQ)

Skotizo - 

Spoiler

Currently a world boss although I feel it fits better as a standalone boss. Adding it ingame with a D claw drop would give it a reasonable drop with adding more varity to bossing. This could also be a reasonable method to obtaining totem pieces with a high droprate and a nice method to add in arclight for a BIS against certain monsters. 

Alchemical hydra - 

Spoiler

Either fix the damage reduction or remove it so it is reasonable kill times. It's pretty much unkillable at the moment. Drop rates appear ok, but again nobody kills it because you can't (reasonably) complete a full task of it. 
Adds more variety for events and bossing.

Mimic - 

Spoiler

Adds a purpose for the useless mimic chest currently in the game. Nice way to include an extra chance of obtaining the rarer clue drops and again helps add more bossing variety. 3rd age ring and holiday cosmetics would be the perfect items to add into the droptable of the mimic.

KQ - 

Spoiler

Useless annoying boss to kill with no drops. Increase boss points received from this and maybe have it more as a "skilling" boss, dropping more raw materials. Drop table is open to suggestions but definitely needs a buff.

Dusk/Dawn -

Spoiler

Interesting boss I would like to see added to the game. Reasonable drops, enjoyable environment and nice looking pet. Mechanics don't even need to be fully implemented (although it would make the boss more enjoyable), as long as it's killable it doesn't really matter.
Again this just adds more variety to bossing.

General - 

Spoiler

Weapon charges -
Make the weapons need scales/runes/darts as at the moment the zulrah weapons can contend with the BIS weapons without any cost. Not only is it a BM sink but gives runecrafting/smithing a good reason to train other than maxing.
If staff don't want to add zulrah scales into the mix then charging simply with bloodmoney + runes/darts would also work.
Weapons that would need charges:
Toxic blowpipe
Magma blowpipe
Trident of the sea
Trident of the swamp
Wildy weapons
Scythe of vitur

Holy scythe of vitur

Sanguine scythe of vitur
Sanguinesti Staff (both of these staffs need to have their damage cap removed as Trident of the swamp is currently better than them)
Holy Sanguinesti Staff 

Boss logs

Spoiler

Lots of boss logs are missing, makes killing these rather pointless and unrewarding.

Thermonucular smoke devil

Seren

Barrows

Kalphite queen

All godwars bosses

Dagannoth kings

Pets -

Spoiler

Give more "shitter" pets buffs. Give skilling pets if used a +5 boost to that skill, things like 1-3% boosts to certain damages like 3% range/mage/melee with DK pets. This gives more reasons to actually farm pets and not just get them by chance and them just sitting in your bank for eternity.

Shops - 

Spoiler

Remove almost all "resources" from blood money store. Skilling secondaries have almost no value. Removing things as Herblore secondaries would create a market for these items letting people sell them for small amounts of money for new players. Pure essence and ores/bars are most valuable/only traded supplies for this reason.

Resource packs -

Spoiler

If the removal of resources would to happen then something along the lines of "resource packs" could be implimented. These would consist of a few varieties such as;
Mining - Ores/bars
Woodcutting - Logs/bowstrings
Herblore - Herbs/secondary ingredients
Runecrafting - Runes/pure essence
Crafting - Gems/dhides(battlestaffs/orbs if it gets fixed)
Fishing - Raw fish
Farming - Variety of seeds

Obtaining these would be from a varity of methods. Semi-rare universal boss drops, brought for boss points, added into various key pool loot (crystal/slayer).

Clue scrolls - 

Spoiler

Add master clues to the "harder" bosses/raids. Easy bosses like mole and barrelchest should not be included. Just a nice way to add a little bonus when killing the harder bosses

Add other methods of obtaining them, the addition to adding them to skilling was great and has made skilling feel a lot more rewarding. Including them to keys would be a nice way to boost the rewards from crystal/slayer keys without making them overpowered. A 1/25 chance at receiving any level of clue scroll with addition to the regular loot would be nice.

I understand that devs are busy working all the time on updates for the server so some of these maybe on their to-do list already.

If they want to discuss anything for further details then please pm me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.