play now

Forums

Callum's app

Callum

In-game username: Callum

Time zone: UTC+1 (UK)

Discord username: Callum

Time played in-game: 38 days

Previous staff/moderation experience: Used to be both a support and moderator on a server with 200+ players back when I played RSPS like 9-10 years ago.

Specify your current availability in terms of time slots or hours per week/day: I work shifts so varies massively on that but roughly 1-5 hours a day.

Why do you want to be a part of the Elyx staff team? Enjoyable server what I've enjoyed watching grow slowly.

What skills/qualities would you bring to the team? I understand that you need to be able to both get along and relate to the community but also know that I would be a representative of the server and need to monitor my actions. 

What experience do you have with OSRS or RSPS? On and off for 20+ years for both.

How familiar are you with the specific features & gameplay mechanics of Elyx? Can't say I know everything, but I know a decent amount

Have you ever been a part of an in-game support team before? If so, what did you learn from that experience? As stated above, yes. I learnt that it's nice to have friendly relations with everyone but also know that when it comes to enforcing the rules, fairness and professionalism matters the most.

How comfortable are you working in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment? My current and previous job is the exact definition of this. I don't want to discuss what I do so openly on here so please contact me privately if you want to know more.

What qualities do you think are essential for someone working in a support role for an online gaming community? Friendly but professional attitude. This way players aren't scared to approach with issues but also know when they raise an issue I will address it and do what I can to get it sorted.

How do you approach situations where you don't have all the information needed to solve a player's issue?Obtaining the facts of the issue is most important. Last thing that I would want to do is wrongly report an issue so it doesn't get fixed or have the wrong person be punished for something they never did.

How would you handle a situation where a player is being abusive or harassing others in the game?Address the person directly privately first, offer them a fair warning but also tell them what consequences will happen if they continue. If they continued then I would escalate to whatever is in the rules/reasonable.

Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision as a support role. How did you handle it? Argument between a good friend of mine and a newish player. My friend was in the wrong so ended up having to mute them for a fair and reasonable time.

What training/resources would you require to be a successful server support? Obviously the more commands the more I would be able to do. This is down to the admins to decide what is fair for supports to do in order to support where they want. 

Can you outline the contributions and efforts you've dedicated to Elyx thus far? The general helping any players that I can. supporting the community be it engaging with livestreams or in discord. Also the recent Seren updates that Risker absolutely smashed was done with a little bit of my help.

How would you balance your role as a server support with your personal life? I'd just treat it on how I do now. When I'm online I'm there to help and support players with whatever they want. I am usually contactable through discord as well as it's linked to my phone.

Edited by Callum

• 4 weeks later...
  • Risker locked this topic