play now

Forums

Seren suggestions

Callum

Risker
This post was recognized by Risker!

Callum was awarded 10 points.

Seren died before it was even released, glitched straight away and the event was left because of all the issues. I personally have the highest seren KC at 457, most of which have been solos. I feel like if you're to take into consideration someone's suggestions about it, I have a good say into it.

I feel seren should be a more difficult boss but the same feeling as Nex where the more players the better and fun to mass for the quick kills and decent drops.  How it is at the moment, it's more enjoyable to solo. I want to see Seren popular with events actually happening there.

Firstly the drops need to be fixed. I offered a drop table a while ago and received zero feedback from it so I will be posting here as well so others can see (I did copy most droprates from nex but forgot about the drop boosts I have so may be slightly lower then they should be).

Spoiler

Blood money 30k-60k (Given to all to only top damage players)
serenic plate 1/395
serenic legs 1/395
serenic helm 1/240
serenic gloves 1/120
serenic boots 1/120
crystal halberd 1/80
crystal tool seed 1/120 = Will lead to the ability to make full tools with prestige points (harpoon/axe/pickaxe)
Memory of seren pet 1/442
Blood money casket (100k/250k) 1/15
Crystal crown 1/500 - This would lead into adding other drops into all other bosses for recolours of crown/crystal armour/weapons (Example Cerberus would drop the red recolour gem)
rotten tomato 1/100 (troll drop)
Rune plate 1-3 1/40
rune legs 1-3 1/40
rune full helm 1-3 1/40
rune halberd 1-3 1/40
Uncut dragonstones 10 1/24
uncut diamonds 10 1/24
Dragon halberd 1/24
rune pickaxe 1/24
dragon arrows 30-60 1/24
law runes 50 1/12
soul runes 50 1/12
death runes 50 1/12
blood runes 50 1/12
pure ess 200 1/12
water runes 300 1/12
Earth runes 300 1/12

ALL players should be given a drop on kill like nex. Not just the top damage. The max player in BIS gear shouldn't be given most of the loot over others. The higher drop values compared to nex is justified as seren is more time consuming, more difficult and should be given a longer timer to adjust to a certain amount of kills per hour no matter how many players.

Serenic needs to be buffed to be better than ancient morrigans, it's embarrassingly weak. Either make it stronger for range or make it a hybrid armour so all attack styles can be used with the armour.

First phase Dark beasts -

Spoiler

Dark beast are big, bulky and clutter the screen. Also if you try and mass it, 10 dark beasts spawning will only target 1 person basically making it an insta kill for that targeted person.
Changing this to 3-6 small targets (i'm talking like the little rats in lumbridge) 3 being solo then increasing as more people join. These targets don't damage, but they do heal seren 30 hp every few seconds. Not only does this make them require to be killed, it makes spreading out around seren more beneficial and more players is better.
Seren will stop attacking for 5-10 seconds to allow players the chance to attack and kill these without players worrying about flicking prayers.

Middle phase memories of seren -

Spoiler

Nothing really to complain other than there should be a cool down on the respawn timer. This give people some breathing time but it allows people to quickly farm up the orbs ready for the next kill. The respawn timer will act as a "pre-fight phase" alone. The timer can be changed to allow players the ability to get ~20 orbs in that time space. This could be the timer being between 30-45 seconds or increasing the mine rate to give 1-3 shards/orbs per mine. It will be up to the devs to test it and see what times and rates are appropriate.

End phase scorpions - 

Spoiler

Not as bad as the dark beast but still big and bulky and clutters your screen. It also has the same issue of all of them attacking 1 person. Usually ending in an unavoidable death for someone. Make them spawn 1 personal monster to each person will fix the issue of needing to tele out if you get targeted by all spawns. Changing these to something smaller like bats that slightly decrease stats on each hit and drain prayer. This will cause people to need to kill 1 monster without cluttering the screen. Bats should do a consistent 10 damage per attack if no melee prayer. This will cause players a need to kill them but also not be overbearing for topg's/hardcores.

Serens "melee" attack -

Spoiler

This is just annoying. It's impossible to dodge and the teleport just throws you off and causes trapped monsters to be able to attack you again.
Changing this to some kind of timed attack makes the boss more engaging and forces players to move if they want to avoid damage. Lightning striking on certain tiles would break the feeling of just staring at seren waiting for the next prayer swap.
If the player doesn't move then the damage should be ~30. This way the damage is easily avoidable but also very easy to get koed if you do not pay attention. This is motivation for topgs as they can survive if they have the skill.

I have gave justification for most ideas posted above and am open for discussion to all of them. Rahman, please do not just ignore this. I would really enjoy to see some engagement to the suggestions I have posted some actual effort in and would love to suggest more to help improve the server.

• Thanks 2

• Risker locked this topic