play now

Forums

COKE APPLICATION

COKE

In-game username: COKE

Time zone: Est

Discord name: COKE#1945

Time played in-game: 7 days 22hrs 

Previous staff or moderation experience: co-owner of kasparscape, admin on Pkhonor early days

Why do you want to be a staff member of Elyx?

I am on constantly, I know the game really well and want to see it grow and want to make sure some situations are handled correctly.

What skills or qualities would you bring to the team? I am very level headed don’t  jump to conclusion I get all the facts first.

What is your availability?

8-10 hrs a day during the week 

What experience do you have with OSRS or RSPS?
I’ve placed RuneScape since 2006 played on countless servers.

How familiar are you with the specific features and gameplay mechanics of Elyx?
Pretty familiar with Elyx probably one of the top players 

Have you ever been a part of an in-game support team before? If so, what did you learn from that experience?

Yes I was admin and co-owner, I’ve learned that you really need a level head to deal with a lot of the situations.

How comfortable are you working in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment?

Extremely well I work and play this game at the same time so yeh. 

What qualities do you think are essential for someone working in a support role for an online gaming community?

A level head and patience and obviously not power hungry.

How do you approach situations where you don't have all the information needed to solve a player's issue?

You need to collect all information from all parties first take notes then come to a decision not just believe one player.

How would you handle a situation where a player is being abusive or harassing others in the game?

Ask them to stop two times after that find an appropriate punishment

Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a support role. How did you handle it?
I’ve had to ban one of my friends from a previous server bug abusing

What kind of training or resources would you need to be successful in this role?

know how to play the game so you can help newcomers, level head, don’t jump to conclusions get all the facts first.

How would you balance your role as a support staff member with your own personal gameplay goals?

I would probably play on a regular account and have the support staff account on another screen and  monitor the through both accounts.

Edited by COKE

• Duke locked this topic
  • 6 months later...