In-game username

Bot

Time zone:

CEST

Discord name: 

Stoop#0069

Time played in-game: 

7 days

Previous staff or moderation experience:  Honestly have zero previous mod experience

Honestly have zero previous mod experience

Why do you want to be a staff member of Elyx?:    

I'm interesting in watching this community and server grow. I think it would be great to not only watch the growth but also be involved with/help out in the process of the server expansion. 

What skills or qualities would you bring to the team?:

I have good communication skills. Also have plenty of experience in supervisory roles so handling many situations with people is quite easy to do. 

What is your availability?:

I'm available early mornings/night depending on work schedule but usually play for about 4 hours 

What experience do you have with OSRS or RSPS?

I have been playing RS since end of classic/RS2 launch. Played RSPS since the good ol days of moparscape clients 

How familiar are you with the specific features and gameplay mechanics of Elyx?

I have all the features dialed in. Pretty easy to navigate the menus and also can point others in the directions they need.

Have you ever been a part of an in-game support team before? If so, what did you learn from that experience?

n/a

How comfortable are you working in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment?

That sums up my career for the last ten years so I am accustomed to it

What qualities do you think are essential for someone working in a support role for an online gaming community?

I think you would need an open mind and be able to see the big picture. Not all things are clear and as a support role would need to be able to relay information accordingly

How do you approach situations where you don't have all the information needed to solve a player's issue?

All issues would have to be case by case. Would need to gather all info that can be provided. IF it is something that can be handled easily then give help based on what has been provided. If there is more information that is needed to solve the issue would need to try and gather more info or look into similar issues that may pertain to them

How would you handle a situation where a player is being abusive or harassing others in the game?

Depends on the severity level. Ive seen small issues between players that has been able to be resolved without any moderation. If it is becoming a problem leading into more severe behavior I would lean into a mute first and hope they calm down. If not next would have to consider potential ban

What kind of training or resources would you need to be successful in this role?

I don't know if i would need much training or resources for the role. Would be more a learn and adapt as you go.

How would you balance your role as a support staff member with your own personal gameplay goals?

I'm sure I could handle and multitask both. Priority level of gameplay goals and staff role can be flipped depending on the day

• Duke locked this topic
  • 6 months later...