play now

Forums

Dice Hulks Application

Dice Hulk

In-game username: Dice Hulk

Time zone:est

Discord name: Bakinblakin#5374

Time played in-game: 1 day 14 hours

Previous staff or moderation experience: I have been staff/manager In many servers, I used to be moderator for a server named Augury, I was devoted and loyal to that server, I helped when I was asked, And was very active during that time. I always get the job done, Whether its testing or just simple day to day moderator duties I was always their guy.

Why do you want to be a staff member of Elyx?: I want to become staff, So I can better contribute to elyx, I want to help the growth and uprising of the server in my best possible way, I want our players to have enjoyable experience, As a member within the staff team it is your job to make sure that the server is in good shape and the players, Have the best Quality of life, While playing saying that I also want to rejoin the team, Because I know the owners from past experience and they are always motivated when they need to be. So I already know what they expect from me, And I will deliver.

What skills or qualities would you bring to the team?: I have communication skills, And people skills, I am non bias when making decisions, I always hear out both sides. I'm friendly, I know how to do the job that will be asked of me. I have motivation, I have drive, And overall I wish to help elyx grow as much as possible, And make sure the community is in the best shape/car possible

What is your availability?: I'm available every day and can put 4-6 hours a day in, (I used to do 12) 

What experience do you have with OSRS or RSPS? I have 15 plus experience between RSPS and OSRS, I know the in's and out of this game. I love the server and I can use my knowledge for the better of the server.

How familiar are you with the specific features and gameplay mechanics of Elyx? Over my day I spent on here, I know my way around. Ive played server like this plenty of times and for years, But they are not as unique as elyx. So I am fully confident I can help everyone with any question they may have 

Have you ever been a part of an in-game support team before? If so, what did you learn from that experience? I was apart of Augury, I learned that if you show loyalty and respect you will gain it back. You need to work as a unified team for any buisness/server to Secede. Whether that be stay up late helping them to test new content, Keeping suggestions/bugs roleing in, I also learn that you become a family when working with the team of a rsps/

How comfortable are you working in a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure environment? I am very comfortable, I run a business'from my desk and calls are coming in 247. And handling contracts, You need to work fast but also need to display quality. 

What qualities do you think are essential for someone working in a support role for an online gaming community? Key qualities include but are not limited to, Friendly, Smart, Knowledge of the community you are helping, Good people skills, Non Bias, Also know what the owners want the future of the server to look like to help guide it to that. 

How do you approach situations where you don't have all the information needed to solve a player's issue? You try to get as much of the story as possible, you hear him out. Make sure he has Clips/screen shots. If they do not you keep up a conversation and balance both sides out in your head, Then you can make up your decision based on that.

How would you handle a situation where a player is being abusive or harassing others in the game? Depending on the situation, But for example I would instantly deescalate the situation, Tell both parties to stop, Gather clips and if it was really abusive, I would temp mute the one who was doing it, If it had anything remotely racist I would perm mute the guy or even ban him.

Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a support role. How did you handle it? I had a hard time dealing with a play saying that these 4 donators kept abusing him and luring him (luring was not allowed) So I heard all sides of the story, The guy had a screen shot that looked like they was luring, But all the three suspects denied those allegations, So I dug deeper and went on a alt and see if they would lure me and sure enough they did, So I temp banned them for a week

What kind of training or resources would you need to be successful in this role?  I would just need a good team to share the same motivation that I have

How would you balance your role as a support staff member with your own personal gameplay goals? I would just do both at the same time But server health is more important

Edited by Dice Hulk

• Duke locked this topic